Thursday 31 December 2015

December 2015: The Monthly Round Up

So in less than 24 hours it will be 2016, how crazy is that. And to put into perspective how fast this month has gone, Christmas Eve was a week ago today. 7 days has passed. I'll just let that sink in a little. What have you done in that time you're probably asking yourself. If you're like me then eaten too many chocolates, spent days opening the fridge to cold meats and party food which didn't seem to be disappearing, and woke up each morning wondering what day it was or even what date it was. I have loved this month, even the bad parts, but I have to say I'm looking forward to a fresh year with hopefully some new beginnings and a little more luck. 

The Good
I always find that December is the month that no matter what you make time for your family and friends and I have spent the majority of my month doing so. December is such a special month and makes you appreciate those you have surrounding you. 

The Bad
Coming down with a horrendous cold four days before Christmas what not what I had envisioned. But that huge supply of Christmas tissues I received  from Jason's mum (an annual tradition) has been put to good use. Just call me Beth the green-bogeyed-snot-monster. TMI?

The Ugly
Waking up on one of those in-between-Christmas-and-New-Year-days to see that York has been flooded. Luckily we're on the top floor so if the water reached us then we'd have a bit of a problem on our hands, but it still left us worrying that we had no electricity and my chocolate ice-cream would have melted, priorities. {In case you were wondering we have electricity and the chocolate ice-cream is safe!}


The Weird
Daffodils in December. You heard me. Morrison's are selling bunches of daffodils, and tulips for that matter, in December! Madness! I very nearly bought some until I reminded myself that spring isn't for another three months yet. 

The Wonderful
You can probably guess this one, and it only really needs a one word answer, Christmas. I will say no more. 

Another month, another year. December is definitely my favourite of them all but it's time to dust away the cobwebs and prepare for January. In other words, get moving Beth as you have guests arriving very soon to celebrate New Years and you're still in your pjs. Until 2016 sailors!
  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig