Saturday 19 September 2015

Zizzi's: Pizza, Pizza and more Pizza

Warning: This blog post contains pictures that might make your mouth water, click away now if your stomach is rumbling. 

Since finishing work on Wednesday, my days have been filled with packing, packing and more packing, so it was a great relief to be taken out for a bon voyage meal last night to Zizzi's in Hitchin. As an avid food lover, I'd really enjoyed my first meal and enjoyed this one just as much, not just because of the food but because I was in great company too. I dressed up in a skirt I dug out from my wardrobe and black top, paired with some black boots, and off we drove hungrily anticipating the penultimate supper. 

Ambiance: As you enter, especially the one in Hitchin, you're greeted with this authentic restaurant. The atmosphere is buzzing, a little to 'buzzy' to begin with until your ears adjust, and the decor gives you something new too look at every corner of the room. 

Service: After a short wait we were seated to our round table, who doesn't love a round table, and drinks orders were taken soon after. We were then waiting a little while before our food orders were taken, but to give them the benefit of the doubt I think they were just trying to wet our appetite. 

Food: Now I'm not so good with decisions at the best of times, let alone when it comes to food. For starters we went for a bread bucket, olives and garlic bread and they were delicious, especially with the array of oils and vinegar! Now, after much deliberation I chose a pizza for the reason that I can never make a pizza taste quite as good when cooking it at home. I chose the 'Pepperoni Campagne' and it was obviously a case of go large or go home so I upgraded to the 'Rustica' and what a choice that was. Just thinking about it now is making my tummy rumble, however by the end of it, it was another case of waddling out of the restaurant!

If you're in the mood for an authentic Italian then Zizzi's is your place to go, I can promise you won't be disappointed! (All their bases now also come as a gluten-free option for all you celiac pizza lovers)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig