Friday 13 November 2015

23 thoughts of an unemployed Graduate

I'm unemployed. There, I said it. For the first time since I was about fifteen I'm not earning money and it sucks, but no longer is it going to be the elephant in the room, or the word that makes me feel so ashamed or embarrassed. Yes I've cried so much I've laughed, and I've laughed so much I've cried, but I've come to realise that even though I'm twenty-one years old and I don't have a job it's okay, because when plan A doesn't work out we move to plan B. And even though life doesn't seem to be going my way right now, it will do soon. But for now I should be grateful for what I've got. I'm healthy *touches wood*, have a lovely flat and a loving boyfriend with a supportive network of friends and family back home. It may not be easy, and may not be fun but I've learnt to make the best out of bad situations, so take a look below to get a glimpse into what my life has been like the past days/ weeks/ months and the crazy thoughts that have ran through my mind. 

1. Why am I the only one in the world without a job?

2. Why does everyone hate me?

3. Maybe this is what it feels like in Harry Potter when a dementor is sucking out your soul?

4. Or maybe I'm really being controlled by Lord Voldemort under the Imperius Curse and this his way of torturing me'

5. I should probably stop watching so much Harry Potter.

6. NotificationYour connection has a new job on Linked in. Don't look on Linked In, Don't look on Linked In, Don't look on Linked in. 

7. *Scouts the Ben & Jerry's from the freezer* I looked on Linked In.

8. It's 3pm and I'm yet to shower. 

9. I haven't left the flat today, or yesterday

10. *New Email- RE: Account Executive Position* Ooo it's a reply. OMG this could be the one. Go Team Beth. Oh. You forgot to take down the post. Gee, thanks. 

11. I wish I had a dog. Or a baby. Just someone to keep me company

12. Let's start a new hobby Beth, that will get you out and about. *Google search for Free Hobbies in York returned 0 match results* 

13. Next door left at precisely 11.14am. They returned at 13.42pm and have just left again at 15.02pm. What is their job? Maybe they're unemployed like me? Lol, what am I thinking?

14. *Jason arrives home from Uni* Let's go out, let's do something. Come on. No, don't sit down. Let's go, let's go, let's go. 

15. Think of all the online shopping you could do Beth. Oh wait, you have no money. Scrap that one. 

16. 'That interview went really well'. Two days later... *New Email- RE: Interview* This is it, I'm finally going to have a job. *Opens it* Oh, someone else had more experience. Back to the drawing board I go.

17. Maybe I should change my career choice. I could go back to working in a nursery, or teaching. 

18. Level 2 qualification in childcare needed or equivalent- does an 1st class Advertising degree class as equivalent. 

19. Today's greatest difficulty: deciding on what to have for lunch. 

20. I'm basically Monica. Jason, I'm unemployed and in dire need of a project. Ya wanna work out? I can remake you. 

21. Maybe I'll start investing in stocks and end up working in a diner. Worked for Monica.

22. Or I could be like Joey and run a 'how to be unemployed course'. 

23. Let's look up some inspirational quotes whilst I send my Sims to work. One of us Bethany Webb's has gotta go to work, virtual or real life. 

It's a tough ride, and not an easy one but if you keeping surfing the waves, eventually you'll reach the shore. So I'm sticking by my guns, I' still going to walk across that stage next week with my head held high, because I worked my damn butt of for my degree, and I may have no job but I have a jolly good life in all other aspects. I hope this may be some reassurance for those of you in the same boat, as that's what made me realise I wasn't alone in this, and you never know, maybe in the near future there will be a blog post to share the news of me getting a job!

Over and out. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig