Tuesday 1 March 2016

Happy 1 month workversary

Today marks two different events, my Mumma's birthday and the celebration of my first month at work, I started on a satisfying date. It's been a whirlwind of a month, but I honestly can't remember now what it was like to be unemployed as it feels like I've been there forever. So what better way to celebrate my 1 month workversary, then to share a few things I've learnt about what it's like to have a real-life agency job. 
  • Making the office brews is a stressful activity
  • Coming up with a new agency name will divide the team
  • Always plan your outfit the night before. If that fails, then use the time in the shower to plan. If that fails, then just hope your clothes don't clash. 
  • No matter how much you enjoy work, hearing your alarm go off at 6 o'clock in the morning is never fun
  • Don't take change to work. It will result in buying out all the chocolate in the tuck shop box
  • Lunch time trips to Tesco are a regular occurrence
  • Lunch = lunch & dinner = tea #Southernerprobs
  • Clients are more often than not on the opposite sides of the spectrum. You can have all the bants or talk to them like your grandmother
  • Employees love freebies. We got doughnuts delivered to the office last week and it was like a pack of hyenas pouncing on their prey
  • If you take in cakes you get bonus employee points
  • Not all clients are exciting- I am now an expert in guttering 
  • You'll always have a never-ending to-do list on the go
  • Your job still carries on after 5:30pm
  • Going to bed at 9pm is part of my evening routine
That's just a snapshot! As cliche as it sounds I am learning something new every day and with that comes a new challenge to keep me on my toes!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig