Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year

We are officially 34 hours into 2016 and I'm still going to be writing 2015 for the next three months. So far the new year has bought me a morning with an surprisingly bearable hangover, an afternoon amble around the city walls and an evening counting down the minutes till Sherlock arrived back on my screen. {Spoiler alert: It was amazing}. 

I brought in the New Year by gathering round the almighty York Minster with some of my BFFS, confusingly looking around whilst counting down (as no-one else seemed to be doing so) to then embrace in cuddles and wishing one another a Happy New Year. It sounds quite civilized when you look at it like that, maybe I won't mention the amount of vodka consumed during beer pong or the plastic bottles we filled with 3 parts vodka to 1 part fanta to take with us on our walk to the Minster. Our party may have been cut short slightly, someone had a little tooo much of my vodka remedy, but it didn't dampen the mood as the party just carried on in the bedroom, in the form of a pjyama party of course. I don't know about my chums but I certainly enjoyed myself as it was a good way to say Au Revoir to 2015 and Bonjour to 2016. 

I probably say this every year, but I think 2015 was one of my favourites. There was a lot of bad times, but the good times will always triumph those, (something I learnt from Once Upon a Time- good will always win over evil) no matter how bad they might be. Now this is probably the part where I should look back over my December goals and last New Years resolutions. I am proud to say I completed all of my December goals, however I think my resolutions last year were a little ambitious to say the least- I blame the sleep-deprived student in me who was fretting over writing a literature review. But none the less I have made the executive decision to not set myself anything too specific this year. I want to be healthier, visit some new places and enjoy every second. As for my monthly goals I'm going to use this month to get myself back into a routine after the Christmas sludge and bringing my life back up to track!

Enough of the ramblings, enjoy your last weekend of staying on the sofa all day and stuffing your face with chocolate before the back to work regime!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm looking forward to getting back on the grind..but then again maybe that's just because I'm trying to be positive as part of my resolutions this year haha! Happy new year X

    Everything from fashion faves to 1D is over on hailandharmony.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's always the way for the first few days! Hope you had a good new year!x

      Delete

© The world of Beth.... All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig